Today I want to delve into the realm of Barns, part two of our “Wedding Venues” blog series.
Barn venues are a great alternative to a Stately Home or Hotel and tend to be very versatile. They appeal to those who want a slightly less formal feel to their wedding or are a fan of the Bohemian vibe. We had our own wedding in a barn venue and instantly fell in love the moment we stepped inside. Hopefully this list will give you some inspiration and help you find your dream venue!.
Shustoke Farm Barns, West Midlands
The site of our own wedding and a great location in the West Midlands area, Shustoke Barns is a marvellous venue with plenty to offer. It is a red brick, 18th-Century building with a dramatic high ceiling and outside there is a beautiful courtyard with ancient olive trees and fire pits.
- The spectacular lighting means that you can spotlight tables during the meal, enjoy night lights, fairy lights and church candles throughout the day, and switch on our colour-changing LED up-lighters on the dance floor!
- In the Barns there are flagstone floors, beautiful oak beams and windows, a copper-topped bar and a separate drinks area upstairs. Guests can also enjoy a view of the giant rotisserie through a large glass panel into the kitchen.
- With a civil ceremony licence for up to 189 people, and seating up to 140 to eat, the barn is designed to feel spacious and luxurious for smaller numbers, but will accommodate higher numbers.
- They have an outside kitchen where guests can watch chefs cook up to 6 whole lambs, barbecue anything, or make even pizzas.
For more information visit www.crippsshustoke.com or call 01675 620 620.
Heaton House Farm, Cheshire
Heaton House is in an excellent location and is ideal for weddings. They have been in the wedding business for nearly 20 years and pride themselves in creating a personalised day just for you. Glittered in wedding awards this venue is certainly a sight to behold.
- Cruise up the sweeping driveway to this stunning rural wedding location, or make an entrance in style by bus, tractor or even helicopter.
- Tie the knot in a rustic barn, get hitched under the stars, or simply enjoy the spectacular views from our Oak Pagoda. With four different locations for your ceremony, you’ll be spoilt for choice!
- Wander through our picturesque water gardens, snap those family photographs you’ll treasure for a lifetime and just soak up the wonderful feelings of getting married!
- With the tables set, and the guests seated, you’ll make your official debut as man and wife in the beautiful Steeles Barn, with an incredible array of décor and arrangements to match your theme.
For more information see www.heatonhousefarm.co.uk or contact the venue on 01260 217 607.
Wasing Park, West Berkshire
What an amazing venue! You can’t help but admire the individuality of this place- a picturesque drive through 18th century parkland brings you to the Wasing Estate, home to Wasing Park, a wedding venue for couples looking for a contemporary or traditional wedding.
- Choose to marry in the Parish Church, the Victorian Summerhouse, or the elegant Garden Room, with your wedding breakfast held in the Castle Barn.
- Next to the venue is the Estate’s boutique guest accommodation, the Stables Lodge featuring an incredible Honeymoon Suite and 25 bedrooms
- Easily accessible from the M3 and M4
- The imposing Castle Barn provides an immediate ‘wow’ factor. Inside, the barn offers a completely blank canvas upon which to add your style, with beautiful features including Italian mood-lighting, oak beams and floor and a striking brick interior.
- Galloping Gourmet will serve drinks from the bar, and offer casual dining for your evening celebration for as many as 250 people – whether it’s a hog roast, street stalls, or fire pit on the beautiful terrace.
For more information visit www.wasing-weddings.co.uk or call 01189070199.
Hyde Barn, Cotswolds
- Hyde Barn is licensed to conduct ceremonies both indoors, in their elegant ceremony halls seating 100 or 150 and outdoors in the garden, focused around their beautiful arbour
- They can seat up to 150 daytime guests in The Main Room for the wedding breakfast and have the capacity for 175 evening guests
- There are 20 delightful, comfortable rooms, together with a spacious bar which allows you and your wedding guests to have exclusive use of the house and its grounds for the day of your wedding
- The morning after your wedding, you and your guests are invited to gather again to share a sumptuous breakfast together in the breakfast room of the main house
For more information visit the website www.hyde-house.uk or call them on 01451 833 556.
Rivervale Barn, Hampshire
What a lovely venue, seriously if we lived nearby, Rivervale would have definitely been on the shortlist. Set on the banks of the River Blackwater in Yateley, this Hampshire wedding venue provides all you need for a relaxing sophisticated wedding day.
- A superb oak barn venue for weddings, yours for the day
- Variety of reception spaces, all interlinked
- Glorious gardens
- Civil Ceremonies, licensed for up to 150 guests
- Food, drink and wedding co-ordination, all included in the price
- Overnight accommodation for the happy couple!
For more information take a peek at their website www.rivervale-barn-weddings.co.uk or call them on 01252 413232.
So we've seen some absolute beauties this week, I certainly enjoyed researching them all. Stay tuned for the third section in our UK Wedding Venues blog due out next week!